Yes, you can definitely wear white in the Fall. No modern-day fashionista follows the antiquated rule that white is a no-no after Labor Day. It is 2016 and you can wear whatever you want, whenever you want. Here are a few tips to re-style your favorite white piece from Summer into Fall and Winter.
1) Pair your White Skinny Jeans with a long-sleeved blouse, cashmere sweater, or chunky knit. Next, add booties or even over-the-knee-boots for a really Autumn look. The trick is to pair white with darker colors such as black, navy, purple, burgundy, etc. (or stick to neutrals such as beige, tan, brown, etc.) which easily transition the outfit into Fall. Avoid summer pastels and bright colors.
2) Layer a Classic White Buttoned Blouse with a beautiful tweed jacket and pair it with a pencil skirt for a elegant outfit at the office.
3) Pair a Casual White Top with black or brown leggings, or a great pair of skinny leather pants. Throw on a faux fur jacket to really pull the outfit together.
4) Wear your favorite Little White Dress (LWD) or Little White Romper from Summer with a pair of knee-high boots and a denim jacket. You can even throw on a pair of fun stockings.
5) Even a Head-to-Toe White Outfit (white top and bottoms, or a white jumpsuit) can be grounded with a great black or brown moto jacket! Add a beautiful scarf and you’re set.
In the 1st outfit here, I paired my favorite white skirt from this past summer (see prior post) with a long-sleeved white shirt and layered a sleeveless turtleneck sweater on top. I purchased my skirt at LF Stores and it is no longer available, but here are links to two similar Lace Midi Skirts.
I love layering with sleeveless sweaters because they add just enough warmth to the torso for the cooler Fall temperatures while still allowing freedom of your arms, versus heavy jackets which you’ll need later in the Winter but can be too hot and weigh down your arms in the Fall.
In the 2nd outfit below, I’m wearing my favorite pair of white cropped skinny jeans from Paige. These cropped jeans are petite-friendly; no hemming needed! I love that Paige jeans retain their shape wear after wear, and are so soft and comfortable on your skin.
I paired it with a black, long-sleeved, crop top. The long sleeves are good for the cooler temperatures, yet the cropped length at the midriff keeps me from getting too hot during Fall weather, and also gives the outfit a vibe of playfulness and casualness. The black color is sold out, but it’s still available in dusk, which is on sale from $138 down to $29 with and Extra 40% off this weekend!!! As the temperatures drop later in the season, I can easily layer a sleeveless sweater on top of this top, like the pictures at the bottom.
Thanks for stopping by!
Please leave a comment and tell me how you like to wear your whites after summer. I would LOVE to hear from you. xo!